NJPW's Mercedes Moné is excited to return to her 'home' in the wrestling ring once she is healed from her injury.

Moné debuted for New Japan at Wrestle Kingdom 17, less than a year after her final appearance for WWE. A month after her debut, Moné captured the IWGP Women's Championship from KAIRI. She would lose the gold to Mayu Iwatani at the All-Star Grand Queendom event in April.

Mercedes Moné has been on the shelf since NJPW Resurgence, where she suffered an ankle injury. The original plan for her NJPW Strong Women's Championship tournament finals match against Willow Nightingale was for Moné to win, but her injury forced a change of plans and the AEW star captured the title.

While Moné is not ready to get back in the ring anytime soon, her return to competition is in the works. During a cameo video, Moné discussed her return plans.

"I cannot wait to return back into the ring, so definitely expect me to be with some wrestling company in 2024 for sure. I cannot wait to be back in that squared circle. It’s where I feel the most at home, it's where I feel alive."

One place fans want to see Moné once she is healed is AEW, which was teased at All In when the NJPW talent was spotted in the crowd. At the time, AEW President Tony Khan said it was great to have her at the show despite her not being cleared. Moné has a history with several AEW wrestlers, including Saraya, who during the All In post-show media scrum said she can't wait for Moné to join the promotion.