Kevin Kelly is no longer working for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW).

The promotion recently announced that Kelly has parted ways to explore outside prospects. It has come to light that Kelly had intended to attend NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 on January 4.

However, it was announced that he would be unable to do so because of obligations to his family. NJPW conveyed their appreciation for all of Kelly's numerous and unforgettable commentary moments throughout the years. Kelly had been the English voice of NJPW broadcasts since 2015.

Back in September, Kevin Kelly revealed that he would be leaving NJPW soon as his wife of 32 years said she did not want to be alone anymore. He had responded to a fan on social media and disclosed that he would be leaving NJPW.

He wrote that he would leave it to NJPW to announce the news or not. Kelly stated that he plans to call NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku and Wrestle Kingdom/New Year Dash.

"I am at some point soon but I'll leave it to New Japan to announce it or not. I plan on calling Destruction at Ryogoku and Wrestle Kingdom/ New Year Dash"

In another tweet, Kelly wrote that his wife of 32 years said she doesn’t want to be alone anymore and thus, he made the decision.

"My wife of 32 years said she doesn't want to be alone anymore so that's why I made the decision."

Another fan questioned about Kelly's replacement in Japan and he replied:

“Someone who can be in Japan all the time that has wrestling experience but is not affiliated with another company. Someone that can grow into and with the product.”