Chris Hero's imminent return to the ring will prove that the Knockout Artist has plenty left in the tank, just like a vintage car.

Hero is a veteran of the ring who has competed in dozens of promotions, including WWE where he worked under the name Kassius Ohno. Hero's most recent match saw him take part in an NXT UK battle royale in March 2020. His most recent singles match saw the 'Knockout Artist' defeat Kenny Williams at an NXT UK taping earlier that same month.

At this Friday's West Coast Pro Wrestling event, Hero will return to action to face Timothy Thatcher. Their match came about last month when Hero confronted Thatcher at an event last month. Speaking with POST Wrestling, Hero shared how exactly his return to the ring came about:

"I knew I wanted to do something but I just didn't know what it was. So I had in the last year, gosh over a year and a half ago, Rachel and myself went out to West Coast Pro. She had a match, I had a seminar. I did a signing and I just got to watch, not the whole show, but a good amount of the show. It was from the Stater room in South San Francisco. I met Scott [Bregante, creator of West Coast Pro.] I spent a little time with him, we went to a Warriors game. It was just a great weekend and I came away from that feeling like 'Man, I think I could.'"

The Knockout Artist later compared his situation to a fan of old cars who wants to tune up their vehicle.

"I feel it's like what a hobbyist mechanic does when he sees an old car. He's like 'Oh I want to fix that up I want to get Fender for this and I want to put this engine in there.' That's kind of how I felt."