Good Ol' Jim Ross is hoping to stay with AEW for a long time to come if a new contract with the promotion can be reached.

Ross joined AEW in 2019, years after his controversial firing from WWE. Since then, Ross has called the action for AEW's TV events as well as pay-per-views and has provided his skills during some of AEW's most pivotal moments.

Earlier this year, rumors circulated that Ross was looking to retire but the Oklahoma native refuted the claim. During the most recent episode of his Grilling JR podcast, Ross revealed that his contract with AEW is expiring and that he hopes to stay under contract with Tony Khan.

"I have a contract [with AEW] that’s in place, and I tend to honor it. It’s still got a few months left, & Tony Khan has indicated to me, as early as this week, at least to my representative Barry Bloom, that he’d like for me to stay. I’m not looking to go anywhere.”

With Bloom representing Ross, any new deal will likely be very lucrative for the commentary legend. Bloom represented The Elite earlier this year before all members signed new multi-year contracts with AEW.

While the exact figures of these deals were never made public, it reportedly made the Young Bucks the highest-paid tag team in professional wrestling history. Bloom also represents other notable names including Chris Jericho & Bill Goldberg.

JR hopes to be calling the action for AEW for a long time to come.