Before joining All Elite Wrestling, Will Ospreay had the wrestling industry curious about where he would sign after testing free agency. His deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling is set to expire in February next year, which had different wrestling promotions interested in acquiring him. One promotion that wanted to make a push to sign him was Impact Wrestling.

Ospreay seemed interested in signing with Impact Wrestling at one point. He competed for the company several times over the last few months. He defeated "Speedball" Mike Bailey in a widely praised match at Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory on October 21. Two days later, on Twitter, he spoke highly about the company and its decision to rebrand under TNA next year.

"I have had the best time at @IMPACTWRESTLING from fan experience to quality of wrestling. I honestly believe that the reason they have climbed back from such a deep trench… is because that place is one big team. The moment they said, 'We are TNA' I said, Yes they are," wrote Ospreay.

He also added that the company was why he wanted to become a wrestler. The optimism around his involvement in Impact Wrestling made fans curious if they could sign with him.

PWInsider Mike Johnson reported that Impact Wrestling was ready to make a massive offer to Ospreay before he signed with AEW. One of his sources shared that it would have been the largest offer since media company Anthem Sports & Entertainment took over Impact Wrestling.

"...One Impact source conceded it was likely the largest offer to a single star since Anthem took over ownership of the company, admitting it was a seven-figure level offer," said the report.

"The same source noted that when Ospreay worked the recent Chicago weekend events, he seemed to be having such a great time, several talents assumed he was coming in full-time next year, especially when he cut a promo about wanting to compete in a TNA ring."

Ospreay decided to become "All Elite" at AEW Full Gear on November 18. In a unique deal, "Commonwealth Kingpin" can finish his contract with NJPW and have an active agreement with AEW.

For Impact Wrestling, they are focused on rebranding next year and continuing their company's growth.