Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Activision Blizzard Agrees To Pay Almost $55M To Settle 2021 Complaint By California Civil Rights Department

Video game company Activision Blizzard has agreed to pay nearly $55 million to settle a 2021 complaint by the California Civil Rights Department.

The majority of the monetary settlement is accounted for by the establishment of a roughly $47 million fund for the treatment of pay disparity and discrimination accusations related to promotions for female workers. The balance will go toward refunding the state’s legal expenses.

The initial complaint alleged that the company had allowed a “frat boy” culture to develop, with women experiencing numerous instances of sexual harassment and abuse. The settlement pertains to an amended version of the complaint, in which the state agreed to drop that aspect, narrowing the focus to pay disparity.

Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard for $68.3 billion in a headline-making deal that closed in October.

Women who were employees or contract workers at Activision Blizzard in California between October 12, 2015 and December 31, 2020 are eligible for monetary relief under the terms of the settlement agreement.

“California remains deeply committed to promoting and enforcing the civil rights of women in the workplace,” CRD Director Kevin Kish said in a press release. “If approved by the court, this settlement agreement represents a major step forward and will bring direct relief to Activision Blizzard workers. At the California Civil Rights Department, we will continue to do our part to fight for the rights of our state’s residents.”

Activision Blizzard, known for games like Call of Duty, is not the only video game maker to face scrutiny over the experiences of female employees. Riot Games, publisher of League of Legends, agreed to pay $100 million earlier this year to settle a 2018 class-action lawsuit over gender-based discrimination.

I remember when this blew up a few years back. I was actually wondering what came of this.

There were a few more companies that had a few controversies during that time.

I think the other was the Dragon Ball Z thing with Vic (not even gonna attempt his last name, lol) . Think that went away quietly, and a few of the main influencers have kind of went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I remember when this blew up a few years back. I was actually wondering what came of this.

There were a few more companies that had a few controversies during that time.

I think the other was the Dragon Ball Z thing with Vic (not even gonna attempt his last name, lol) . Think that went away quietly, and a few of the main influencers have kind of went away.
    Vic Mignogna lol. That was a huge drama, with all the sexual misconduct allegations and then all the fallout from that. Way to much to even get into it here. lol He was good as Broly.

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    Vic Mignogna lol. That was a huge drama, with all the sexual misconduct allegations and then all the fallout from that. Way to much to even get into it here. lol He was good as Broly.
    Haha, yeah it seemed like every comic Podcaster had something to say about that back in the day. A lot of folks were Team Vic and then you had the #kickVic folks. I watched one video from one of the guys I was subscribed to and the algorithm sent like dozens of recommendations for that incident.

I didn't knowingly start the first video but it was on autopsy after I watched another video (well listened because I think I was driving somewhere). It was certainly a messy situation.