Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Family find baby owl living in Christmas tree 2023

One family got a little something extra when they picked out their Christmas tree this year - a baby owl.

Every year the White family of Lexington, Kentucky, pick their own tree and bring it home - and this year was no different.

And it was not until four days after they had put it up in the living room and decorated it before they found the intruder.

Michele White told WDKY-TV: "I have three dogs. We use this room non-stop, watching TV, the kitchen's right here, no indication."

Carpet cleaner Bobby Hayes noticed the bird after plugging in a piece of equipment and seeing the tree start to sway.

"The owl was literally sitting on a lower limb here," Mr Hayes said.

"It crawled up into the tree further. It took me several minutes to even find it."

He sent photos to Mrs White, who said she was glad he was there to deal with the animal.

Mr Hayes safely released the owl in the family's back garden.

That's a really cool story. My older brother lives in Lexington and gets his trees from a local tree farm too.

Me and my family usually gets a fresh one every year from the local tree farm, and so far no living critters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    That's a really cool story. My older brother lives in Lexington and gets his trees from a local tree farm too.

Me and my family usually gets a fresh one every year from the local tree farm, and so far no living critters.
    I would love to find a baby something in a tree I bought, as long as it was a orphan. I am surprised it lasted so long without making a sound. Poor thing must have been scared. At least it in good hands now.

Yeah, it's cool the owlet was able to stay calm for as long as it did. They are amazing creatures and are extremely cautious.

There is an adult Barn Owl that hangs out around my house. I remember the first time I saw it. It was early in the morning (wanna say close to 2 AM) and I got called out to work. I remember moving around outside and had been loading stuff up in my vehicle. It was so quiet outside and I remember hearing "whoooo, whoops, whoops, whoooo". Then I turn around and see him on a branch of the Oak Tree in the front yard. He has his eyes cut down staring at me. Those glowing yellow eyes were amazing and gave off the vibe that this Owl wasn't easily startled. He startled the crap out of me that morning, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Yeah, it's cool the owlet was able to stay calm for as long as it did. They are amazing creatures and are extremely cautious.

There is an adult Barn Owl that hangs out around my house. I remember the first time I saw it. It was early in the morning (wanna say close to 2 AM) and I got called out to work. I remember moving around outside and had been loading stuff up in my vehicle. It was so quiet outside and I remember hearing "whoooo, whoops, whoops, whoooo". Then I turn around and see him on a branch of the Oak Tree in the front yard. He has his eyes cut down staring at me. Those glowing yellow eyes were amazing and gave off the vibe that this Owl wasn't easily startled. He startled the crap out of me that morning, haha.
    lol I have never seen one inreal life but I can just imagine how creepy it must have been seeing his eyes like that, especially at 2am. I have a paddock next to me and cats love going in their for mice and snakes etc, I have security cameras around and one night it detected a person around 3am, so I checked it out on my PC ... full screen and lol on my screen was this full face looking into the camera. Scared the hell out of me until I realized it was a cat. lol It climbed up and was just staring into the camera. Everyone gets a good laugh when they see it. lol