Mark Dallas, the founder of Insane Championship Wrestling, has confirmed that he's not only left the company but has left wrestling altogether.

ICW was founded by Dallas in Scotland in 2006 but has since reached international appeal. With its mixture of sports entertainment and hardcore wrestling, only those 18 and older are allowed to attend shows. In 2020, WWE announced that ICW content would be available on the WWE Network.

Dallas has overseen ICW's operations through highs and lows, but he is no longer working with the company. On Instagram, Dallas explained why he stepped away from wrestling recently.

"6 months ago I decided to leave pro wrestling to look after a family member who had a major operation and to pursue other avenues of entertainment that I never had time to explore whilst involved in wrestling full time.

When ICWs 6 year long WWE deal ran out I endeavoured to make sure the company found a new streaming deal and sponsor before calling it a day to ensure it would continue on.

I then left Scott Reid in charge knowing he was the right man to lead the charge for ICWs future.

I started the company to be an artistic release from my lifeguard job, wanting to run four shows a year in the Maryhill Community Central Halls back in 2006. What followed was a snowball effect that led to me and a group of friends achieving our wildest dreams and then some.

The memories will always hold a special place in my heart and I look forward to what ICW does next, rejuvenated with Scott at the helm.

I still own the ICW brand so I will always in some way be attached to the company but I also look forward to what’s next in my life.

I’m closing I want to say LONG LIVE IC FUCKIN’ W!"

Insane Championship Wrestling has a long list of notable alumni. In 2006, Drew Galloway, today known as Drew McIntyre, became the first ICW World Heavyweight Champion, a title he would hold on two occasions for a total of 658 days. Other names who have worked with ICW include Grado, Joe Coffey, Trent Seven, Noam Dar, Alba Fyre, Kurt Angle, Ricochet, Finn Balor, Pete Dunne, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, and James Storm.