Sting is a WWE Hall of Famer, and his name means so much to pro wrestling fans all over the world. The Icon is set to wrestle his final match in 2024, and Goldberg wanted to be included in some way.

Sting's arrival in AEW was a shock for many pro wrestling fans. His WWE contract quietly expired, and a new deal was not signed. The Stinger believed that he could do a lot more in the ring, and he certainly proved that by impressing fans, going above and beyond, time and time again in AEW.

Goldberg was likely watching Sting's final run in the pro wrestling business. Although Goldberg never ventured to AEW, he still wanted to be a part of Sting's last match.

While appearing on Steve & Captain Evil, Goldberg stated that he wanted to be a part of Sting's retirement match. He then went on to discuss what kind of person Sting is, and how he owes his pro wrestling career to The Icon.

"Sting is the reason why I broke into the business. Sting set a great example. He's about to retire. I tried to be part of his retirement match. I would not have chosen to get into the world of professional wrestling if it wasn't for Sting. He was a normal dude who went out and did abnormal things. Wrestling is like being in the circus, it truly is. I never looked at it with much respect, but after I watched him from afar, I realized that I had the ability to go do it. He was not only a performer. He had self-respect and he commanded respect. He's one of the best human beings on the planet, and he set an example for me and I just tried to grab it and run with it and make him proud. I had the best time of my life in the ring with Sting."

Goldberg and Sting go way back to even before their wrestling days in WCW. They trained together at Goldberg's gym, where Sting and Lex Luger worked out. Sting played a key role in getting Goldberg into wrestling, which opened many doors for him.

Goldberg may want to pay tribute to Sting by being included in his final match, but it doesn't appear that is in the cards right now. Tony Khan has been known to surprise fans with appearances in the past, so you never know if that next big announcement could be about Goldberg.

Sting plans to retire at AEW Revolution on March 3rd, 2024, at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, a familiar place for him. Sting has made history in that building before, and he will do it one more time in 2024.