Alex Hammerstone is now a free agent and for him, it's "hunting season."

The former MLW World Champion revealed weeks ago that MLW One-Shot was his last event for the company under his current contract and the clock ultimately ticked down to his leave. That day so happened to be New Year's Day and on January 1, Hammerstone shared a video commenting on his new beginning for 2024.

The video starts off with a ticking clock and cut in between his Hammerstone showing his in ring athleticism before he addresses the wrestling world.

"Now I'm allowed to walk through whatever 'door' that I want to except the ones that are being boarded shut in a desperate attempt to keep me out cause they're worried what'll happen if I get through them."

Hammerstone continues, stating that he's not looking for an opportunity, but he is giving one. For years he's been one of the best in the world for years and so he wants to face the best in the world and therefore he lays out his challenge.

"So this is my open challenge to anyone out there because I was never a big fish in a small pond. I have always been a shark and now I'm in open waters and it's hunting season"

Since 2018, Hammerstone has been the face of MLW so his exit signifies a new era for him.