Recent reports indicated that AEW's Vice President of Live Events and Touring, Rafael Morffi, was set to leave the promotion after the Worlds End event on December 30. Morffi, one of AEW's founding executives, was tasked with coordinating AEW live event tours, which included booking venues, local marketing, and other logistics.

Following his exit from AEW, Morffi is now expected to transition into a senior executive position with the Barclays Center in New York City, where he will be responsible for booking events in entertainment and sports. Morffi will also reportedly be working under the Brooklyn Nets' owners as well.

In addition to AEW, Morffi is also known for his previous behind-the-scenes work in TNA Wrestling, WWE, and Tommy's Dreamer House of Hardcore independent promotion.

On December 31, Morffi confirmed his exit on X (formerly Twitter), posting a departing message directed to AEW President Tony Khan, as well AEW talent and staff.

"Thank you @TonyKhan @AEW talent, staff. I’ll forever remember my time at #AEW fondly," Morffi wrote. "2024 will be the start of a new era in my professional career. Been blessed with a wonderful opportunity. Excited to start this new journey & challenge soon. Happy New Year-stay safe & sound!"

Multiple AEW stars have since responded to Morffi's post, many of which expressed their congratulations and gratitude toward the former AEW's Vice President of Live Events and Touring.

"Raf! Oh my goodness [crying emoji] we’ll miss you so much and all that you did for us all. Best of luck in this new chapter," wrote Penelope Ford. "Happy New Year"

"There’s some people that just bring comfort and familiarity when you walk into a room full of people and you were always that for me Raf. Love you Raf, and I’ll miss ya. I still owe ya a whiskey," wrote Rebel.

"Oh man. Had no idea! Thanks for always being such a legend Raf man, stay in touch," Kib Sabian wrote.

"Thank you for everything Raf! You will definitely be missed. I can’t thank you enough for how kind you were. Best of luck to you in your next chapter," wrote Leyla Hirsch.

"Omg you will be missed!! [red heart emoji]," Anna Jay wrote.

Former AEW Women's Champion Thunder Rosa, Daniel Garcia, Diamante, Jon Silver, and many others also sent their positive regards to Morffi.