Former WWE Superstar Matt Riddle could be poised to make his New Japan Pro Wrestling debut very soon as part of the upcoming New Year Dash event.

In a video shared on social media, Riddle can be seen donned in a gi and training intensely. The video also features clips of Riddle arriving in an expensive car in his signature flip-flops. In a promo at the end of the video, Riddle made his challenge to Hiroshi Tanahashi.

"Konichiwa New Japan! Let me introduce myself. My name is Matthew Riddle, the King of Bros. And I've got my sights set on Tanahashi-san, the Ace of New Japan. I'll see you soon, bro."

In the clip below, you can see Tanahashi's response to the challenge. The NJPW President said he's ready to wrestle anytime, but has no idea who Riddle is.

Riddle was released from WWE in September 2023 as part of the first wave of talent releases following the launch of TKO Group Holdings. Riddle, a former U.S. Champion, Raw Tag Team Champion, and NXT Tag Team Champion, was one of the biggest names cut.

Since being released, Riddle has signed with Major League Wrestling and will compete at their event this week. The former Superstar recently spoke about changing up his style and wants to showcase his serious skills in the ring in contrast to his WWE 'goofball' persona.