Katsuyori Shibata doesn't know when his wrestling career will come to an end but intends to spend the rest of his career in AEW.

Shibata officially became All-Elite last month but has been competing for the promotion since 2022. Merely getting to this point is a huge feat for Shibata, who suffered a subdural hematoma in 2017 after a bout with Kazuchika Okada. At the time, it was thought that Shibata's career had ended, but he would make a return to the ring at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 in early 2022.
Katsuyori Shibata Wants to End His Career in AEW

Speaking to Tokyo Sports, Shibata commented on his health and his tenure with AEW thus far, compared to his run with New Japan.

"I can't work as an affiliated fighter. I guess that (New Japan's decision) is not wrong. But if there is no place for me, then there is no reason for me to be here. I've regained a lot of my senses after competing in AEW, and I feel like I want to finish my career here."

Shibata was also asked about his health.

"I've been checked by a doctor, and I've given him a medical certificate. If I don't clear it, I can't compete."

Shibata's most recent match took place on the November 25, episode of AEW Rampage, where he lost the ROH Pure Championship to Wheeler Yuta. He has also challenged for the AEW International Championship and the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship.