Matt Riddle's WWE release opened a lot of doors for him. Now, at 37-yaers-old, he is ready for different challenges, even if he has to switch things up along the way.

While speaking to Signed by Superstars, Matt Riddle was asked about the possibility of facing the Bullet Club in Japan, to which he replied that his 420 Bro character probably won't work against that kind of opponent.

“I’ve read a lot of things. The 420 Bro probably won’t make it to Japan,” Matt Riddle responded. This implies that he might have to switch up his in-ring style, which he has already covered.

Matt Riddle expanded on this idea, as he responded that the 420 Bro persona is going to stay in America. So, whenever Riddle is in Japan, that 420 lifestyle is going to stay out of the country. He's never been arrested for anything, nor does he have a criminal record. He wants to keep it that way as well.

“Regardless of what people think, I’ve never been arrested. I’ve never been arrested, I don’t have a criminal record. I want to keep it that way. Regardless of what people think, I’m going to keep it that way. That’s what we’re going to do. 420 Bro stays in America.”

Matt Riddle has shared his desire to challenge NJPW World TV Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi. However, his “420 Bro” persona might face drawbacks in Japan. He realizes that all too well, so things may have to change when he's in Japan.

It was previously noted by Dave Meltzer that Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb were almost a team in NJPW before. It's anyone's guess to see if that team may get a second chance in 2024. Cobb would definitely help Riddle tap into a more aggressive in-ring style.