Sabu has been an integral part of the wrestling industry, although he was always an outlier in many ways due to his extreme nature. Throughout his career, he displayed a distinctive in-ring style, never straying from his innate ability to leave crowds on the edge of their seats with his high-flying moves and risky choices. All of that took a toll on his body over the years.

Sabu has competed in various wrestling promotions, with his unique persona and skills standing out for fans. His legacy is marked by years of bloody hardcore wrestling, and his impact on the wrestling landscape continues to this day.

During a recent appearance on Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw, Sabu opened up about his current health situation. His knee needs some serious work, as does his back and shoulders.

"I'll tell you, I've felt better. I don't feel really bad, but I feel pretty bad. My knee, my back, and my shoulders, they all need surgery. I've been going to the gym lately, but I have to suck it up and go. It's never, 'Alright, today I feel good.' It's like, 'fuck,' and it's tough... I need my knee and my shoulder replaced, but I haven't gotten around to it."

Sabu also stated that he wants a retirement match. This is something that he is apparently working on, and may get that event booked later in 2024. At this time, we do not have any further details.

Sabu has been through a lot in his life, and fans followed him throughout his entire career. The former ECW star has also never fully retired, despite his professional and personal setbacks.

On November 15th, 2014, Melissa Coates began accompanying Sabu to the ring as the "Super Genie." Those two became quite a pair, in and out of the ring. Sadly, she reportedly passed away in her sleep from COVID-19 complications on June 23rd, 2021. Losing her was a huge blow to his career, as they were booked as a pair for years.

Sabu hasn't given up on his pro wrestling career yet, and he may have another outing left in him. We will have to see where that match takes place, but he seems to be cooking something up.