The Ahsoka series may not have been as celebrated as The Mandalorian but there's no denying that the events of the Rosario Dawson-led series have had serious ramifications on the future of the MandoVerse.

Now, three months after the show ended, fans are still wondering if Ahsoka will actually have a Season 2. Well, the lead star just offered fans a discouraging update.

Speaking with the Dagobah Dispatch podcast, Dawson was asked about the future of the Jedi and if there have been any discussions about a potential second season. The actress simply said no, revealing that she hadn't seen the cast, presumably since wrapping up the show.

Dawson said: "No. We're supposed to be having a dinner soon, of the whole cast, which will be really nice because I haven't seen everyone. I was very jealous seeing everyone at some of their cons recently, which I wasn't able to be at."

There have been persistent rumors claiming that Ahsoka Season 2 has actually been greenlit but of course, Lucasfilm has yet to make anything official, so it's still best to take everything with a huge grain of salt.

The cliffhanger ending of Ahsoka pretty much left the door wide open for a second-season renewal. But when you think about it, there's also a good chance that the upcoming MandoVerse crossover film could pick up where the finale left off.

Quite frankly, that route makes more sense, especially considering Grand Admiral Thrawn remains the big bad in the Dave Filoni-directed project. We guess we'll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.

Ahsoka is available to stream on Disney+.