If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Cori Broadus, the daughter of rapper Snoop Dogg and his wife Shante, shared that she had a "severe stroke" on Thursday, January 18 morning.

The 24-year-old, who also has lupus, posted a heartbreaking message on her Instagram Stories, questioning why she had to go through so much pain.

According to Daily Mail, Cori uploaded a photo of herself wearing a pink hoodie and a surgical mask.

In the caption she wrote, “I had a severe stroke this am. I started breaking down crying when they told me.”

She added, “Like I’m only 24 what did I do in my past to deserve all of this.”

Cori, who goes by the stage name CHOC, is the youngest child of Snoop and Shante, who have been married since 1997. She has two older brothers, Cordell and Corde, and a nephew, Zion.

Cori Broadus has lupus since she was six

Cori was diagnosed with lupus, an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation and damage to various organs when she was only six years old.

In September, she spoke to People about how she had stopped taking her medication and opted for a more natural approach to her well-being.

She said she had been using herbs, sea moss, and teas, and working out to improve her health.

“I’ve been good, better than I’ve ever been,” she told the publication.

“I stopped taking all of my medication like five months ago. I’m just doing everything natural, all types of herbs, sea moss, teas. I started working out, drinking lots of water. So now I think my body’s like, okay, this is the new program and she’s getting used to it,” she added.

Cori Broadus takes 10-12 pills every week

She said she decided to make the change after feeling like she was “going insane” from taking 10 to 12 pills every day since she was six.

"I wanted to change because it just became a lot. I'm only 24 years old, taking 10 to 12 pills every single day. So I kind of just went cold Turkey.”

She also said working out had helped her reduce the pain and inflammation caused by lupus.

“My body is not achy,” she said. “When you have lupus, that’s one of the number one things. You have achy joints, you have arthritis. And now I’m like, damn, I’m not complaining about my knees, my feet, my hands, my back.”

Cori Broadus attempted suicide in 2021

Cori has also been candid about her mental health issues and how they have affected her life.

In 2021, she revealed on Instagram that she had tried to end her life, but was saved by her family and her faith.

“The last few weeks my mental has not been so great. At one point I tried to end my life but you & my family really give me a purpose to live & helped me realize life is much more than materialistic things & you gotta just keep pushing through the bulls**t,” she wrote.

Addressing her insecurities on the publication, Cori said, "I have days where I'm sick, but I'm still blessed and able to do what I love to do and to tell my story,” Broadus shared.

“But then there's days I'm like, ‘Wow, I wish I wasn't sick. What would my life be if I was just a normal girl?’ It's part of being human. You're going to have bad days, you're not going to always have good days.”