Rita Chatterton claimed that Vince McMahon sexually assaulted her in his limousine in July 1986. She departed from WWE that year amid conflicting narratives, with WWE's attorney at the time stating that she was "terminated for cause." Bret Hart has something to say about Chatterton now, since so much has gone down.

Recent weeks have seen disturbing revelations about Vince McMahon's conduct during his tenure as head of WWE. The allegations surfaced following reports by former WWE employee Janel Grant and the resurfacing of claims made by Ashley Massaro before her death in 2019. Massaro alleged that McMahon encouraged her to remain silent about a sexual assault she endured at a WWE event in Kuwait in 2006, among other grievances.

“I always had a respect for him,” Hart admitted in an interview with Slate. “Now it’s tainted. I’m embarrassed that I thought so highly of him.”

The conversation also revisited the 1992 allegations by former WWE referee Rita Chatterton accusing McMahon of rape. Hart expressed disbelief at first, given the potential harm it could cause the company. However, as more information emerged, his perspective shifted. Hart apologized to Chatterton, acknowledging his previous skepticism and expressing sincere regret.

While reflecting on McMahon's recent controversies, Hart expressed deep disappointment, stating, “I think, despite all of the issues I ever had with Vince, I know, deep down, I always respected him, but now, knowing what kind of a weirdo he became, I have absolutely zero respect for him.”

Bret Hart and Vince McMahon share a long and complex history. Their relationship took a sour turn at the 1997 WWE Survivor Series in Montreal, where McMahon controversially orchestrated Hart's loss of the WWE World Championship to Shawn Michaels before his departure to WCW. This resulted in the infamous Montreal Screw Job. Despite that terrible exit, Hart returned to WWE in 2006 when he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and reignited his feud with McMahon.

Vince McMahon is no longer with WWE, after he resigned due to an earth-shattering lawsuit from Janel Grant. She is not the only victim of McMahon's as her attorney admitted that they are overwhelmed by the response from people wanting to tell their own stories. Grant's name is also not the only one that the public knows, because in the mid-80s, Vince McMahon allegedly raped WWE referee Rita Chatterton.