TNA Wrestling's Tommy Dreamer has refuted the claim that he is now running TNA's creative department following the dismissal of Scott D'Amore.

D'Amore was released as TNA President last week and has been replaced by Anthem Entertainment's President Anthony Cicione. Anthem, TNA's parent company, reportedly wanted to have a closer connection to the promotion, hence the appointment of Cicione.

Scott D'Amore attempted to purchase TNA Wrestling and made a serious offer to Anthem. D'Amore's offer was made as he was aware Anthem had plans to get rid of him. D'Amore's offer was not in response to the success of last month's TNA Hard to Kill show.

In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it is reported that Tommy Dreamer is running TNA's creative now that D'Amore has gone. This led to Dreamer's name trending on social media. During Busted Open Radio, the former TNA Digital Media Champion refuted the claim with plenty of sarcasm.

"Oof. I’m so glad people know things about my life that I don’t know... Thanks for the promotion. I hope I get a raise with this fictitious position. Because if I was head of creative, you know Moose is losing the [TNA World] title to me at whatever the next show is."

After some laughs, Dreamer made clear that he had not been promoted to Head of Creative.

“It’s the same deal as always before. It really and truly is. Nothing has changed within the creative process. Thank you very much.”