Dolph Ziggler was one of the more surprising releases that WWE handed down in September 2023. Since then, he has appeared for NJPW and made his TNA Wrestling debut as well. It seems that he wanted to get started on his life after WWE prior to his release, because he asked WWE to let him go in the past.

Now going as Nic Nemeth, he has garnered attention post his WWE departure with his ventures in the pro wrestling realm.

Nemeth showed up during NJPW during last month's Wrestle Kingdom event, where he has since participated in various matches. Additionally, he has begun working in TNA Wrestling following his promotional debut at the Hard to Kill pay-per-view event.

Ziggler was let go by WWE alongside several other wrestlers due to budget cuts after the sale to Endeavor. He had been with WWE since 2004, predominantly featured as an upper-mid card talent, and held the Intercontinental and United States Titles multiple times.

During a conversation with Denise Salcedo, Nemeth revealed that he had requested his release from WWE several times with the intention of returning, but WWE consistently refused, citing their need for him.

"It would be different if I was hobbling around or if I didn't get reactions or wasn't good at my job. I would be happy to take a backseat and help people out. But I'm sitting around six days a week, not working, basically in the prime of my career. So let's get going. And so I said, 'How about this? How about I leave for six months? How about I leave for a year?' How about I get the hell out of here?' But even a couple of years ago, when they said yes, the next Sunday, I'd get a phone call saying, 'Hey, we need you.' It's great."

Nemeth also reminisced about sending an email to WWE officials, including Vince McMahon, expressing his heartfelt thoughts about his situation. In the email, he outlined both positives and negatives of how he felt. McMahon was the sole individual to acknowledge the message and expressed a desire to have a conversation. Approximately two weeks after this email exchange transpired, Nemeth received his release from the company.

Nic Nemeth is still taking stand-up comedy dates, and he's doing his thing in TNA Wrestling. At this time, we haven't heard about him coming into AEW, but you never know what the future will hold for the former Dolph Ziggler.