CM Punk was on the road to WrestleMania 40, where he was going to have a match against Seth Rollins. His Elimination Chamber win won't happen this year, leaving fans to wait for his return from a triceps injury instead. Even though he's out of action, Punk wants to remain in the mix.

CM Punk participated in an interview with TNT Sport during his attendance at UFC 298 on Saturday night. In the discussion, he covered topics such as his recovery from torn triceps, The Rock's return for the WWE WrestleMania 40 buildup, and the potential for his own return to WWE.

“Yeah, well, I'm a clumsy idiot. I tore my left tricep about two years ago. So, the right one was jealous. I'm like, I'm like an old car. I'm like a 72 Nova, you know what I mean? We have to, we have to change some parts every now and again. So once we fix up all the parts, the engine is still strong. We'll still be good to go. We're thinking maybe six to eight months, but I'm not really in a rush to get back to compete. I'm in a rush to get healthy. I'm in a rush to get better. And the sooner I do that, the better. I'll be when I come back. “

CM Punk stated that he believes that timing is crucial, emphasizing that he wrestled for a significant period before signing with WWE. Having spent ten years on the road without a break, he acknowledges the toll it took on him. He admits that in his youth, he pursued every opportunity without considering balance, leading to burnout. Ten years ago, he reached a point of burnout and decided to explore other ventures, which allowed him to engage in various fulfilling activities.

With time, he has realized that past grievances become less significant, as people come and go, and leadership changes. Returning now feels comfortable, akin to an old slipper, and he's grateful for the experience, acknowledging that the journey wouldn't have been the same without its challenges. He concludes by expressing gratitude for the present moment, emphasizing that it's a good day.

Punk also spoke on The Rock's return. He is glad to be in the mix, even though he's injured. That will provide him with an opportunity to talk a little bit of trash.

"I think it's fantastic. Ten years ago, I was the guy that was wrestling The Rock when he came back, and now ten years later, he's coming back, and I think the landscape has completely changed, right? WrestleMania is two nights now. It's even bigger. Him coming back only helps. I always say high tide raises all ships. So I'm just happy that even though I'm hurt, I'm still gonna kinda be in the mix. My mouth still works, so I'm gonna still be able to talk some trash. I don't know if you saw the kickoff we did in Vegas with Rock and Roman and Seth and Cody. It was a lot of fun and I hope to just continue to do that while I'm recuperating because I can always just talk trash with the best of them. It's the best part. It's what I do."

CM Punk was on the panel during WWE's WrestleMania kickoff event in Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena. He had a lot of fun, even though Big E jokingly admitted that he was only there, so Punk didn't get fired. Only time will tell how much he shows up on the road to WrestleMania, but he seems game to do as much as he can.