GUNTHER is aware that his dream match with Brock Lesnar is unlikely but he's not ready to give up hope just yet.

The prospect of the Ring General Vs. The Beast has been of great interest to the WWE Universe for some time. In late 2022, it was reported that GUNTHER Vs. Lesnar was in the works for WrestleMania 39. That didn't happen as Lesnar faced Omos in LA while the Intercontinental Champion retained against Drew McIntyre and Sheamus.

Recently, Brock Lesnar was pulled from all WWE plans due to his reported ties to Janel Grant's lawsuit against Vince McMahon. While Lesnar isn't mentioned by name, Miss Grant alleges that McMahon trafficked her to a former UFC Heavyweight Champion believed to be the Beast.

WWE had plans for Lesnar Vs. GUNTHER at WrestleMania 40 before plans changed. Speaking with GV Wire, the Imperium leader addressed the potential Lesnar match given the current circumstances.

"I always was vocal about my dream match in the past, but that fell through now. I don’t know if we’ll see Brock again if that’s ever going to happen. But I’m wide open when it comes to that as of now.”

Lesnar had been scheduled to face Dominik Mysterio at WWE Elimination Chamber: Perth but that is no longer the case. Lesnar's name is similarly not being brought up regarding plans for WrestleMania 40.

The future looks far brighter for GUNTHER. The Austrian is mere days away from breaking the record for the most collective days as Intercontinental Champion. GUNTHER broke the record for the longest individual title reign in September of last year.