Could fans one day see Montez Ford step into the Octagon for a fight in the UFC? The former WWE Tag Team Champion certainly hopes so.

Ford and his wife Bianca Belair attended the recent UFC 298 event, which took place at the Honda Center in California. The show was part of the first-ever WWE/UFC combo tickets, with attendees able to purchase seats for the show as well as this week's episode of Raw.

Speaking to TNT Sports at UFC 298, Ford was asked if he'd ever shown interest in stepping into the Octagon. The Street Profit made it clear that it is something he's considered.

“100 percent. Now I do get nervous about messing up this pretty face. I do look better in person, I know the camera is a little different. But I will say I’ve always been a fan of it, always trained for it. It is something I was talking about in the last two years, about actually going over and having a match. Seeing CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, and even Bobby Lashley, the guy I’m with now, doing different promotions, doing those fighting promotions… It’s something I had interest in but it got shut down quickly by... ahem [gestures to Belair.]"

While Ford is itching for a chance in the cage, Bianca Belair doesn't share her husband's desire. With that said, Belair made clear that she'd love to train with MMA fighters to hone her skills.

"I would love to train and get the skills that they have. I’ve been in the ring with some women who have some of this background like Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler and they are tough. I would love to have some skills that they have. But as far as competing, I think I’m good in the WWE ring."

While not a UFC cage, Belair will step inside the Elimination Chamber later this week for the Women's Elimination Chamber match. Belair will face Tiffany Stratton, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Liv Morgan, and another entrant. A battle royal featuring Shayna Baszler, Mia Yim, Alba Fyre, Zelina Vega, and Zoey Stark will take place on this week's Raw to decide the final entrant.