Steve Austin wants to see UFC fighters Colby Covington and Sean Strickland in WWE and that's the bottom line. Why? Because 'Stone Cold' said so.

A crossover between WWE and MMA has been quite common as a bunch of former MMA fighters have been a part of WWE. Now, with the recent formation of TKO Group Holdings, WWE and the UFC come under one umbrella which means more crossovers are likely to happen.

At UFC 298, WWE stars Bianca Belair and Montez Ford were spotted in attendance. Meanwhile, on this week's Monday Night Raw, UFC lightweight Michael Chandler made an appearance and went on to call out former UFC Double Champion Conor McGregor.

Now, Steve Austin has stated that he feels that the aforementioned UFC fighters could taste success in the squared circle as well.
Steve Austin outlines why he wants Sean Strickland and Colby Covington in WWE

Speaking with ESPN's Marc Raimondi, Stone Cold Steve Austin highlighted former UFC Middleweight Champion Sean Strickland's mic skills while he said Colby Covington backs his trash-talking with incredible athletic ability which could help in WWE.

"If I'm going right now, I'm going Sean Strickland," Austin said. "I like Sean Strickland. Boy, he stays economic in the Octagon right now, but what a promo. And so, then I go with Colby Covington. All the trash talk, all the athletic ability. Guy never runs out of gas, he's always in shape, talks a mean streak and can back it up. He's very exciting, he has that X-factor that you always look for. He's double tough."

Strickland has built a reputation for speaking his mind without any reluctance which has garnered a lot of attention lately. It is something that could come in handy for him in WWE. Meanwhile, Covington's trash talk could be put to the test against some of the biggest mic workers if he decides to ever step foot in WWE.

While they are being highlighted to crossover to WWE, former WWE tag-team Champion Montez Ford expressed his desire to compete in UFC.