John Cena, like many, has been shocked by the allegations against Vince McMahon but will continue to love the ex-WWE head.

Last month, McMahon resigned from WWE due to the allegations made by Janel Grant in her damning lawsuit. Miss Grant alleges that she was sexually abused by McMahon during her tenure with the promise of a high role in the company.

Grant alleges that she was trafficked by McMahon other men in WWE. John Lauriniatis and a former UFC Heavyweight Champion (believed to be Brock Lesnar) are also mentioned in the suit.

The accusations against McMahon have put a spotlight on many in WWE and how the business ensures safety for women on and off camera.

The 16-time WWE Champion appeared on the Howard Stern Show on Wednesday. Unsurprisingly, Stern brought up the disturbing scandal involving McMahon, other executives the company itself.

"I've openly said, I love the guy, I have a great relationship with the guy, and that’s that. It's largely my construct of operating with honesty and communication. The whole thing is super unfortunate and it sucks. It deals with an individual I love and an entity I love."

Cena also made clear that while he loves his former boss, there must be accountability McMahon is found to have acted inappropriately.

"I can say this, I’m a big advocate of love and friendship and honesty, and communication, in the same breath, I’m also a big advocate of accountability," Cena said.

"If someone's behavior lies so far outside of your value system that the balance shifts of, 'I can't operate in a world where this works.' That's the end result of being accountable."

This isn't the first time Cena has addressed allegations of misconduct by his former boss. Following McMahon's retirement in 2022, Cena said that when you love somebody, you take their imperfections. Cena was also seen with McMahon for a 2022 birthday dinner, mere weeks after his initial resignation from WWE.