Seth Rollins has become one of WWE's very top stars, but the World Heavyweight Champion will never forget where he came from.

Long before making it to WWE, Rollins made his name in several promotions, often under the name Tyler Black. One such company is All American Wrestling who is celebrating its 20th anniversary. On Twitter, Rollins congratulated AAW on the milestone and spoke about his own experiences with the company.

”Well well well, 20 years huh? That’s a long damn time. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years, I’m not that old. I’m better than I’ve ever been, but I wanted to stop by and say thank you, thank you and congratulations to AAW.

"First of all, thank you because I wouldn’t be where I am, who I am without AAW and the chance they took on me as a young performer, as a young man, really nurtured me. I’ve always been proud to wave the AAW banner, to be able to say that I was one of the first guys there, I laid the bedrock, all that good stuff. 20 years is a long time, especially in the independent world.

"I wouldn’t be where I’m at without the company and the loyal independent mid-west wrestling fans, you guys are my bedrock. Thank you so much for allowing me to be yours, I love you. Have a hell of a night, congratulations.”

Rollins was part of AAW from 2006 to 2010, making the company one of his last promotions before signing with WWE. As part of AAW, he captured the AAW Heavyweight Championship on two occasions. He also held the AAW Tag Team Championships twice with reigns alongside Marek Brave and Jimmy Jacobs.

Rollins will appear at this weekend's WWE Elimination Chamber: Perth event as a guest on the Grayson Waller Effect. Cody Rhodes, who Rollins has formed an alliance with against The Bloodline, will also be on the show.

Rollins, who is currently out with an injury, will defend the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 40. His opponent will be decided in the Men's Elimination Chamber match.