WWE is concentrated on the Australian market right now, as Elimination Chamber is going down in Perth on February 24th. That comes with a fair amount of media for those Superstars, and it seems that one interview did not go well at all.

During an interview with The West Australian in anticipation of the upcoming premium live event in Australia, Austin Theory found himself in a heated exchange. The conversation was initially casual, but things took a serious turn when the editor-in-chief of The West Australian, Anthony De Ceglie, made some disrespectful remarks about wrestling.

De Ceglie went as far as to assert that wrestling lacked the toughness found in Australian Rules football or Rugby League. This remark deeply offended Theory, prompting him to abandon his on-screen persona and react angrily to defend the pro wrestling business.

“You brought me here and you’re going to talk to me like this? Just cause you’re in charge of some sh*t doesn’t mean you can talk to me like this. You’re saying what I do is easy and you’re in front of all of your people talking about my job is easy … you couldn’t walk a damn day in my shoes. Are you kidding me man? I will smack the sh*t outta you right now. I’m not playing around. Y’all bring me all the way out here for some media and this guy is talking his f*cking head off. What’s his problem?”

Security intervened to defuse the escalating tension between Theory and the journalist, ensuring the situation did not get out of hand. Things certainly escalated quickly.

This is interesting, because just a month ago, Theory's partner, Grayson Waller, had a confrontation with a production assistant on an Australian morning talk show for disrespecting him.

The hosts of the show requested that Waller, who was with LA Knight for the interview, perform his finishing move on someone. He didn't appreciate the sentiment. Now, a similar incident has surfaced just before Elimination Chamber 2024.