WWE superstar Cody Rhodes has officially called his shot for a rematch against WWE Champion Roman Reigns at the 'The Grandest Stage Of The All.' After a grueling year, Rhodes won the Men's Royal Rumble on January 27 to headline WWE WrestleMania 40 for the second time.

Wrestling fans have jokingly believed Rhodes's hardship in 2023 could have been because he smashed a throne in All Elite Wrestling to mock Triple H in 2019. However, the WWE Hall of Famer has revealed that it entertained him.

On February 21, Triple H appeared on the Allan and Carly Podcast to share his thoughts on Rhodes smashing a throne in AEW. Contrary to fans' belief, he admitted that he was fine with it happening.

"I laughed about it then. You know, people make that stuff out to be so much more than it is to me. If I was in his shoes, I’d have done the same thing," said Triple H.

The former WWE Champion then pivoted to discussing his relationship with Rhodes and his father.

"...I watched Cody go from being a kid in this business, and I don’t mean that as disrespectful. He’s just literally a kid. His dad was in some way a mentor to me. We started NXT together. He was a big part of that system. I learned a lot from Dusty. Sort of sitting under his learning tree as well," said Triple H. He continued, "We had a wonderful partnership. To see him grow from literally this kid to coming in trying to find his way in the buisness and come out of his dad's shadow which was monumental."

On the podcast, Triple H spoke briefly about Rhodes's journey outside the company. The former WWE superstar spoke highly of 'The American Nightmare' choice to gamble on himself and become a superstar on his own.

"... It wasn't about where he went, it was about the journey. It was about him going and finding himself and proving to himself that he could stand outside of his father's shadow. It wasn't this machine trying to make him his dad's kid or anything else. It was finding himself. And he did that to the point where he was, and he says this thing, to where he was undeniable," said Triple H.

Rhodes has the opportunity at WWE WrestleMania 40 to make his journey full circle and win the WWE Championship. He has a tough task ahead of him with Reigns aligning himself with The Rock. However, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins has offered to help Rhodes and fans will have to see if he'll accept it, potentially at WWE Elimination Chamber on February 24.