Becky Lynch says Ric Flair's legal threats over The Man nickname were 'above her pay grade'

The former Women's World Champion and her husband Seth Rollins have been making media rounds to promote Saturday's Elimination Chamber PPV from Perth.

They recently stopped by Nathan, Nat and Shaun podcast and during the conversation, Becky Lynch was asked about her past troubles with the WWE Hall of Famer over the shared nickname. Lynch explained that Flair used The Man as a catchphrase but it was never really something he was known as:

"It was never really the man with Flair. He just said, to be the man you got to beat the man. He was The Nature Boy; I am The Man."

The tensions originally started when Becky started using The Man gimmick during her feud with Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair in 2018.

Ric who owns the trademark for the phrase 'To Be A Man' thought that the catchphrase was too close to it. The wrestling veteran threatened the company with legal action over it before the two sides came to an agreement.

When asked about the legal threats and how things were settled, Becky Lynch said that it was something above her pay grade. According to her, she is just happy still being able to call herself The Man:

"Didn't come at me personally. Yeah, it's above my pay grade. I just am happy still being The Man. I don't know what happened. I am just The Man. I just go around telling everybody I'm the man and proving that I'm The Man. That's all that I need to worry about."

Things between Becky Lynch and Ric Flair have been settled on a personal level as well since then. Flair had revealed that he had an hour-long discussion with Triple H at Raw's Thirtieth Anniversary special resolving many issues. The 16-time world champion also apologized to Becky and Seth backstage at the show.

Becky Lynch will be stepping inside The Elimination Chamber at the namesake PPV this Saturday with 5 other women. She will be hoping to win the match to earn a WrestleMania title shot against Rhea Ripley.