Mustafa Ali made his in-ring debut for the promotion and immediately made a major impact. Mustafa Ali has bagged the X-Division title at TNA No Surrender in New Orleans.

Ali was released from WWE in September 2023 after the launch of TKO Group Holdings. After the 90-day non-compete clause expireed, Ali announced that he had a stacked lineup of bookings in the indies and turned his sights on the rebranded TNA Wrestling.

Ali has been busy competing both domestically and abroad, making appearances for GCW, Defy, RevPro, PROGRESS and others. He is also set to make his NJPW debut in April in a match against Hiroshi Takahashi.

In a highly-anticipated match, Ali prevailed over Chris Sabin in the main event of No Surrender and it marked the first time an X-Division match headlining one of their specials since 2005's Unbreakable.

In the final moments of the highly competitive match, Ali evaded an avalanche Cradle Shock attempt and counted by hitting a sunset bomb followed by his finisher 450 splash to pick up the win.

It's worth noting that this title win marks Ali's first singles title in a major promotion. With the win, Ali put an end to Sabin's 10th run with the championship that started at last September's Impact 1000. During his title reign, he successfully defended his title three times.

Following the show, TNA posted a clip on social media in which Mustafa Ali addressed the crowd. Here is what he said:

“This is my first major championship in 20 years. I mean this, whether you love me or hate me, whether you support the campaign or wish for my demise, it has been a pleasure and an honor to compete inside a TNA ring. I have been all over the world. I have wrestled the very best, the very best wrestlers in the world, and by far, that locker room right there, that show tonight in front of all of you, is by far the best locker room I have ever seen. Thank you, good night, and remember, that in Ali, we trust," Ali said.

Well, it seems that Mustafa Ali is scheduled with TNA through late-March as part of five additional dates that include March's Sacrifice streaming special and several TV tapings. It has come to light that he will take on Kevin Knight during Saturday's TV taping in New Orleans.

We will have to wait and see how his title run pans out.