WWE has many hours of television to fill, and they are always open to good ideas. The company will also bring in fresh minds from time to time so liven things up. Now, we can confirm that they have hired an indie wrestler for that part of the company.

WWE's internal hirings don't go public very often, unless it's a newsworthy event. They have posted openings for their creative team in recent memory, and now they have hired Patrick Scott to join the company.

Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net reported that WWE has hired a new writer for their team. Patrick Scott, who is a retired indie wrestler, is now joining WWE's creative team as a writer's assistant for the SmackDown brand. His start date was not disclosed in the report.

"Sources have confirmed to me that Independent Wrestler Patrick Scott has been hired by WWE has the new writer's assistant for SmackDown, and is said to be starting this Monday."

Scott has previously posted on social media to indicate that a big career change is coming. He promised to have more updates soon as he posed a photo to illustrate this transition.

"I’ll have a lot more to say in the coming days. For now, I will just say this… Thank you."