Randy Orton is motivated by giving back to the wrestling business in the latter stages of his career with WWE.

Orton is one of WWE's most decorated Superstars, with 14 World Championships, a Grand Slam, and two Royal Rumble victories to his name. The Viper returned to TV at last year's Survivor Series: WarGames event after a severe back injury nearly ended his wrestling career.

Speaking for his A&E Biography: Legends episode, Orton addressed the importance of giving back to the business that has done so much for him.

"I'd say paying it forward, giving back to the business [is the most important thing to me at this stage of my career.] Just helping out the guys who need the help. When I was coming up, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Triple H, all these guys. They made sure to instill in me as many good habits as they could. Here I am, 20 years later and a lot of things come full circle."

Borrowing a line from his WWE return promo, Cody Rhodes spoke about his mentor, and how despite Orton often being against authority, he has become a moral compass.

"The path we take to avoid our destiny is often the one that leads us directly to it. I think Randy senses that he is now in a position where he can leave the industry better than he found it."

Cody also recognized the irony of Orton of all people now being a person who is looked to as a leader given his often controversial actions in the past.

"For an individual who has [been] so adamantly against rules and structure and management, the irony is that he's become such a great leader."

Seth Rollins, who was Orton's first feud after his 2015 WWE World Heavyweight Championship win, was appreciative of all the Viper does.

"He's really taken on the responsibility of helping out the younger generation."

The Miz, who defeated Orton in November 2010 to win his first of two WWE Championships, also had praise for the Viper.

"Yeah he's a locker room leader now [but] he didn't have to be either. But he took on that role because he cares about this business. And he doesn't get the credit. He'll never get the credit that he deserves. Until now hopefully."

At last weekend's WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 event, Orton competed in the Men's Elimination Chamber match. The Viper was able to eliminate Logan Paul but was attacked by the Maverick with brass knuckles afterward. The match was won by Drew McIntyre. Given what happened in Perth, it has been rumored that Orton and Paul will face off at WrestleMania 40.