WWE and Kevin Patrick parted ways amicably earlier this year, according to the former interviewer and commentator.

Patrick was released from WWE last month, mere days after he was pulled from SmackDown's commentary team. The belief backstage that his tenure on the blue brand just wasn't working. He has since been replaced by Wade Barrett on commentary. Barrett's role on Raw has been filled by Pat McAfee, who has reunited with Michael Cole.

Patrick's departure was something of a surprise to fans, but the Irish broadcaster isn't too hurt about how things went down. Speaking to 700WLW, Patrick shared his positive feelings toward WWE despite his release.

"Absolutely loved my time with WWE. Nothing but love for everybody there. I’ll look back on my time there brilliantly, and I know I’ll go visit friends when WWE is in town, I’ll go say hi to everybody. I left very amicably with everybody there."

Patrick has bounced back nicely from his WWE exit by securing a role with Apple TV as the host of MLS 360. Patrick previously hosted Major League Soccer events and in the interview, described the role as his "dream job."

Patrick studied journalism at Ireland's Griffith College Dublin, and worked as part of the RTÉ Sport team covering the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. He left Ireland for the United States in 2009.

Kevin Patrick isn't the only notable member of his family. His father Liam was an All-Ireland-winning Gaelic footballer. While Kevin played for Raheny GAA, an injury would cut his athletics career short.