All Elite Wrestling is looking to increase their workload in 2024. They're off their busiest year to date with more pay-per-view events, a total of eight. After a recent AEW media call, fans should expect to see more this year and beyond.

In preparation for AEW Revolution on March 3, AEW President Tony Khan held a media call to answer questions and promote the show. Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer asked Khan if he had an idea of how many PPVs he wanted to have this year and if he believed the company could come close to being profitable.

Khan touted the success of their PPV schedule last year and the growth of their schedule since they began in 2019. However, he believes nine events would be great for the company.

"...I believe we have the capacity to increase," said Khan. He added, "...I want to be open and honest, I can see this year being nine to ten, and I think nine is a good sweet spot. It feels like that's about the right number, and I don't want to make a huge change or increase, but definitely, eight was incredibly successful, and I don't want to do anything totally different, but I do see an opening for nine probably, maybe ten, but nine feels like a great number for us right now."

Given their success last year, the slight increase to nine PPV seems reasonable. It's worth noting after AEW Revolution on March 5, 2023, the company held a PPV every month except for April and July.

It's possible AEW could add a PPV in either of the months and keep a similar timetable for events they had last year. The company recently filed a trademark for AEW Dynasty, which fans believe could be the name of a new event. If true, this would give AEW their ninth PPV show and potentially help them have a financially successful year.

Khan also noted in the media call that he is also running Ring Of Honor and plans to host three streaming events. The brand is set to have ROH SuperCard Of Honor on April 5, which could rule out AEW having a PPV event that month.

Regardless, it seems Khan already has plans in motion for a ninth event and is looking to host 12 PPVs this year combined from two of his organizations. It's an ambitious goal that he hopes fans will want to support.