Josh Alexander wants to clear the air about his TNA contract situation and got to do just that in a new interview with Mike Johnson of PWInsider.

Alexander will be with TNA Wrestling for at least another year and the former World Champion made clear after signing that he has gold on his mind in 2024.

Speaking with PWInsider, Alexander wanted to make it known that despite reports, his extension was not signed under contentious terms and "The Walking Weapon" completely understood the situation. However, he did reveal that he didn't know that his two-year deal was set to expire in mid-February. It actually expired on Valentine's Day and Alexander decided to to sign the deal to stick around an extra year.

"I see all the tweets and stuff like that of people saying I've held hostage and stuff and just to dispel that narrative, like I signed that contract two years ago. I knew there was a third year option. Sure, it would have been better for me if they didn't pick it up. I'm sure, so I could renegotiate something new and probably, for more money and for a longer term or I could go out and free agency and see what I could get elsewhere.

"But yeah, at the end of the day of all things in this business, I want to remain and be a professional up first and foremost, and that's very important to me and, I signed that contract and I'm not being held hostage. I'm here, for at least another year unless something, is negotiated before then for me to stay for a longer term and stuff like that, which is, Anthem Management has said that is an option and stuff that we're going to discuss in the future, but for right now, it's business as usual."

Alexander does have a new rival in the mix as Alex Hammerstone, who he fought with at TNA Hard To Kill, will be his opponent once again at TNA Sacrifice.