Pat McAfee has wrestled at WrestleMania in the past, but that isn't happening this year. Due to his current drug intake, the publicly traded company with a Wellness Policy wouldn't sign off on the former NFL kicker doing his thing in the squared circle.

McAfee discussed his connection with WWE during an appearance on the "All The Smoke" podcast with hosts Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. When questioned about his potential participation in WrestleMania 40, McAfee expressed doubt, citing concerns about his ability to pass a drug test.

In response to whether he'll be competing at WrestleMania 40, McAfee admitted uncertainty due to his current regimen. Explaining his pursuit of "rich guy stuff" post-retirement to maintain his physique, McAfee acknowledged experimenting with various substances. Despite lacking awareness of the long-term effects, McAfee pondered potential health risks but remained open to futuristic solutions, including cryogenic preservation.

McAfee was asked if he knew about the long-term effects of the drugs he's taking. He does not, as he continued to say, "Am I gonna die? Who knows. Probably. They say everybody is. But is this one gonna take years off my life? Maybe. But was that gonna happen anyways?"

The RAW announcer went on to say that if something is going to kill him that will be cured someday, "I would like to be frozen until we find the cure. Bring my ass back 2120, two thousand, one hundred twenty years in there. Think about me getting dropped in that society. I’ll be f*cking pumped up about it."

In the end, Pat McAfee conceded that he has too much in his bloodstream to pass a WWE physical at the moment. So, he won't be competing at WrestleMania 40.

"All that being said, I don’t think I could pass any drug tests for a WrestleMania, because they drug test people so that’s real deal… and I’m on everything I think they’re testing for."

WWE's stringent drug testing policies and McAfee's current substance intake nixes the chances of that happening this year. That being said, he will likely be on commentary during the show of shows, as he calls the action in the ring.