After nearly 40 years in the ring, "The Icon" Sting will finish up his wrestling career at AEW's upcoming Revolution pay-per-view. There, he and Darby Allin will defend the AEW World Tag Team Championships against The Young Bucks in a tornado tag match.

Before Sting steps in the ring for the final time, though, his son, Steven Borden Jr., has penned a heartwarming tribute to him on Instagram.

"You were Sting before I was born," Borden wrote. "I've never known a life where the possibility of you rappelling from the rafters, diving off high objects, and Scorpion death dropping people doesn't exist. But now that day has nearly come, and I've never had more respect and admiration for you than I do today."

Outside of Sting's "electric" in-ring contributions, Steven Jr. pointed out that his father also upheld his responsibilities as a parental figure at the same time. Namely, Sting taught his son how to be a man of "character, integrity, and grit." Sting's impact has been so profound, that Steven Jr. continues to identify him as his biggest hero.

"I know you remember what my answer was that day as a kid in Central Park when I was asked who my hero was. The answer is still the same," Steven Jr. wrote. "I'm still convinced you're the coolest dude to walk the planet."

Steven Jr. ended his statement by admitting that although he's not ready to see his father's journey conclude, he is excited to see Sting finally "enjoy the sunset."