AEW's Kenny Omega was recently dealt another 'roadblock' in his recovery from diverticulitis which required the Canadian wrestler to go under the knife. The former AEW World Champion has been out of action for months, after disclosing in December 2023 that he had been diagnosed with diverticulitis.

This led to AEW changing its plans as Omega and Chris Jericho had been scheduled to challenge for the AEW World Tag Team Championships. Instead, Jericho teamed with Sammy Guevara in a losing effort.

During a recent Twitch stream, Omega gave an update on his condition. The AEW EVP (who was recently fired as a member of The Elite) explained that the pain comes in waves.

"It's been really touch and go. I was feeling great for a week or two. When you feel terrible, a week or two feels like a long time... For two weeks, I was feeling great."

Omega then added that after this period of feeling great, he required emergency treatment.

"I ran into a bit of a roadblock and I had to get some emergency treatment again. Well, I wouldn't say it's two steps forward, two steps back, but maybe it's one and a half steps back."

While Omega would love to be back in the ring tomorrow, he explained during the stream that he can't answer as to when he'll be back in the ring. The former AEW World Champion added that he doesn't want to get back in the ring until he's healed and feels he can perform at the high-level fans expect from him.