Is Matt Hardy's time in AEW set to expire? The tag team legend addressed as much on the latest episode of his "Extreme Life" podcast.

A report from Fightful surfaced this week that Hardy's AEW contract was set to expire this Month and "Extreme Life" co-host Jon Alba asked Hardy if he'd like to address the report. Matt did give details about his current status with AEW and decided to have a little fun with fans while doing so.

“It didn’t come from me because no one had known anything about it so once again, Sean Ross Sapp breaking the news, right? Yes, it is coming up in March and we’ve spoke about it, we’ve talked about it and I guess we’ll see what happens. So we’ll see, if you listen to the podcast just give me your feedback, tell me what you think I should do next. I’m a person of the people, I listen to the people.”

Alba calls Hardy the consummate teammate and Hardy says that's what he's about.

"If I work with you and you're taking care of me, I'm gonna fly that flag high and with pride, that's what I do, man and that's what you're supposed to do. That's what being a wrestler is."

Hardy mentioned how close he is with The Young Bucks and how much he likes Tony Khan as a person too.

"I love AEW. I'm cool with staying with AEW. I really enjoy the locker room there, I enjoy the vibe there, but if that's not what happens then that's not what happens and life goes on. It's all good."

Hardy first showed up in AEW in 2020 under his "broken" persona, but has gone through several persona changes since, including being the manipulative "Big Money" Matt Hardy alongside Private Party and eventually reuniting with his brother Jeff as The Hardys.