Fans may (or may not) see John Cena at WrestleMania 40 after the former WWE Champion disclosed that he is free for the event.

This week, Cena appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to discuss his new film Ricky Stanicky. As a leading man in wrestling, the topic of WrestleMania 40 came up. In the interview, Cena delivered a master class in dodging a question when asked about possibly being at the two-night spectacle.

"It's April 6, I know exactly where it is. I mean I'm free that day. I'm just saying to you guys out there... Maybe you won't see me there [Does 'You Can't See Me' gesture.]"

Cena is hoping to do something at WrestleMania 40 which will take place on April 6, and April 7, from Philadelphia, PA. With that said John's commitments to filming Peacemaker's second season may keep him from the Showcase of the Immortals. The second season of the hit show based off the jingoistic Peacemaker character Cena portrayed in 2021's The Suicide Squad is expected to begin shooting very soon.

This year's WrestleMania will be the fifth annual two-night WrestleMania, a tradition that began with the Covid-19 pandemic. The show will also be the first WrestleMania following the launch of TKO Group Holdings last September. The card for the show so far is as follows:

• Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship)
  • Iyo Sky (c) vs. Bayley (WWE Women's Championship)
  • Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Becky Lynch (WWE Women's World Championship)
  • Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
  • GUNTHER (c) vs. Winner of Next week's WWE Raw Gauntlet Match (WWE Intercontinental Championship)