As Mercedes Mone gears up for the next chapter of her wrestling career, the former Sasha Banks is has a healthy outlook on her WWE run, which ended abruptly in May 2022.

During a recent appearance on the Kick Rocks Wrestling Podcast, Mone explained why the decision to leave her dream job with WWE was a pivotal moment in her life. As hard as it was to leave that life behind, she’s grateful for that chapter in life and all the opportunities it’s afforded her as she continues her journey.

This candid look into how she was feeling should give fans a better idea about what went on behind the scenes.
Mercedes Opens Up About WWE Departure

Mone expressed that she felt compelled to take this step and advocate for herself. Despite wrestling in WWE being a significant part of her life, she faced the toughest decision she's ever encountered. Nevertheless, she considers it the proudest decision she's made.

“Something told me I needed to do this & stand up for myself. It was a very hard decision because wrestling in WWE has been my whole life, hardest decision I’ve ever had to make in my whole life but it’s the most proudest, it’s crazy because I would not be sitting here, living the best version of my life, in getting to be everything I’ve ever dreamt of — & more

That moment changed my whole life for the better. I’m so thankful for that moment, so proud of myself, so proud of Trinity, so proud of how strong we were. I just know that everybody acted like they were in the room, or work there, or were backstage, or knew what happened, or knew what said…but all I know is that I handled it like a CEO, like the boss that I am, with my head held up high & I can’t say nothing but amazing things to WWE, so thankful for the career they gave me, the fans they gave me, the life they gave me, the dreams they gave me.”

This is not the first time she's had to set the record straight about why she left WWE and her beloved Sasha Banks persona behind.

Mercedes Mone is finally ready return to the ring after missing the second half of 2023 due to an ankle injury. She's kept a relatively lowprofile in wrestling as of late, but that's all about to change. Fans are eagerly waiting her return to national television, which is all-but-guaranteed to go down next week.

After the recent roster additions of Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada, Mone is expected to debut next Wednesday, March 13 at the AEW Dynamite: Big Business special from Boston's TD Garden.

Mone engaged in serious negotiations with WWE and AEW before making a decision. It's clear that she put a lot of thought in her selection and sees All Elite Wrestling as the place where she can solidify a legacy on the level of greats such as The Rock and John Cena: