WWE's own John Cena has revealed the truth that he's buried for decades behind a lie; that he is visible and that fans can indeed see him.

Despite being one of WWE's most prominently featured Superstars for years, Cena's catchphrase 'You Can't See Me' would become synonymous with Big Match John. The line has since branched off into a meme among fans who pretend not to be able to see Cena when he makes appearances both in and out of the ring.

During a recent interview with MTV's Josh Horowitz, Cena and Ricky Stanicky co-star Zac Efron were asked whether they've ever lied in an interview. Cena (admittedly tongue-in-cheek) used the question to make his stark confession.

"[I lie in interviews] All the time. I don’t think there’s an ounce of truth in anything I’ve said. Ever. I’m living in a lie. I’m living a whole lie. I think I’m visible. I think people can see me."

The topic of dishonesty is a pivotal part of Ricky Stanicky. The film tells the story of friends who in their youth made up a fake friend (the titular Stanicky) to get our of trouble and obligations. Now grown up, the friends are confronted about Stanicky and hire an actor [Cena] to bring their fake friend to life.

Should the fans forgive Cena for his years of lying, the WWE Universe may indeed see John at WrestleMania 40. Cena is eager to do something at WWE's annual two-night Showcase, though there are no confirmed plans for Big Match John publicly known at this time.