Pro wrestling tragically has lost another talent this week, a young luchador by the name of Rey Destroller.

Luchablog is reporting that Destroller (pronounced Destroyer) passed away following a collapse in the ring at a March 2 RIOT Lucha Libre show in Monterrey, Mexico. Destroller was tagging with his brother Black Spider Jr. in a tag match.

According to Spider Jr., Destroller delivered a headscissors to one of his opponents earlier in the match and got back up before collapsing. He was noted to suffer from severe brain damage while hospitalized and was in grave health before passing away on March 12.

Members of Destroller's family believes that he was not properly taken care of by RIOT officials following the collapse and was also critical of the brothers not being paid. RIOT said that they were more concerned with taking care of Destroller, who was put on a stretcher and rushed to the hospital. They also state that they've been in contact with Destroller's mother and plan to pay his medical bills.

LA Park (La Parka from WCW), his two sons and others, hosted a benefit show this past Friday to raise money for Destroller's family for medical bills. Park posted the following on social media:

"I had heard about this young man, but what hurt me the most is that the promoter has not turned off his guarantee for fighting and even less has been responsible for the fighter's damages, that is why I want to do my bit to support this family. Let's see how much we can raise to pay the hospital expenses, now my people, let's support with your presence, the entrance fee is not expensive, please, let's support too."

Luchablog was sent footage of the headscissors spot in question from RIOT. Luchablog states that it doesn't appear that Destroller landed on his head following the move, but harshly on his shoulder and back. RIOT is claiming that there seems to be no moment Destroller would have severely injured his head at any point in the bout.

Following the news of Destroller's passing LA Park issued a statement on the tragedy:

"My deepest condolences I have just been informed unfortunately just passed away our fellow king destroyer I join the sorrow and pain that engulfs the family.... what a bad news to start the day... rest in peace king destroyer."