WWE released Shelton Benjamin, along with a lot more, in September 2023. Although some have shown up in another company's ring, Benjamin has been biding his time, and it appears he has a suitor.

Shelton Benjamin didn't shut down the idea of going to AEW while speaking to the Monopoly Events YouTube channel. After all, there are a lot of great opponents for him to face in the Land of All Elite.

Ongoing talks have been happening between Shelton Benjamin and AEW, considering his potential appearances for the company. Details about a potential contract or full-time deal are still uncertain, but these discussions started about a month ago.

In a recent interview on the Monopoly Events YouTube channel, Jamal Niaz talked with Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin expressed interest in wrestling Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada. He also mentioned that he's open to appearing in AEW.Shelton Benjamin expressed his interest in potentially working with Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay, highlighting their exceptional talents and expressing admiration for their athleticism.

While acknowledging the allure of these matchups, he emphasized his enjoyment and versatility in working with various opponents. Benjamin kept the possibility of joining AEW open, stating that he hasn't ruled out any opportunities at this time.

”I think it could be a lot of fun. So, those names are at the top of my list, but obviously, I enjoy what I do, I love what I do, and I can pretty much mesh with anybody. So, it’s just a matter of what they think but, as far as AEW goes, that door’s open — my door is open. I haven’t eliminated any possibilities as of yet.”

Shelton Benjamin hasn't shown up in another company since his WWE release. Only time will tell when he gets the deal he's looking for.

We will have to see if Shelton Benjamin is another name that Tony Khan decides to sign. With AEW Big Business coming up on March 13th, you never know who will arrive in AEW next.