Vince McMahon was well aware that Tony Khan opened up AEW, even though he didn't want to give them any added attention. He did want to know if they were doing anything special that WWE wasn't.

Bryan Danielson revealed that he received a phone call from Vince McMahon late one night while he was still with WWE. McMahon had a very interesting question to ask about AEW vs WWE programming, and that caused Bryan to investigate.

While speaking at SXSW, Bryan Danielson opened up a bit about WWE's creative situation with Vince McMahon. He revealed that The Chairman of the Board called him one night, and he asked a very interesting question about AEW.

It seems that Vince wanted to know what AEW is doing that WWE isn't doing. After watching a lot of television, Bryan Danielson had a number of things to report back to Mr. McMahon.

“Vince McMahon actually called me one night, I was part of WWE creative, and he called me one night and said, 'What is AEW doing that we're not doing?' I went back and watched eight straight weeks of TV within the span of six days and was like, 'there is a whole list of things.'”

Bryan Danielson is a treasured member of the AEW roster now. Not only is he one of the top in-ring names that the company has, but he also plays a very important role backstage.

Danielson is one of three people reportedly in AEW's disciplinary committee. It is apparently only Bryan and two other unnamed attorneys. Those are the people responsible for handing down any punishments, suspensions, or terminations. Obviously, AEW has provided Danielson with an amazing opportunity outside the ring.

Vince McMahon is no longer calling the shots in WWE, as he was ousted following Janel Grant's lawsuit. Now, we will have to wait and see what is next for him, but odds are he won't be making any more late-night calls to Bryan Danielson.