Cinta de Oro was no fan of being forced to unmask in 2011 and has admitted that he felt 'naked' when said unmasking happened in WWE.

De Oro is known for his WWE run as Sin Cara, but he was the second Superstar to don the mask and name. De Oro became Sin Cara after the original man behind the mask, known as Mistico in CMLL, was suspended for 30 days for violating WWE's Wellness Policy.

Later that same year, the first Sin Cara confronted de Oro's imposter version, with the pair being dubbed Sin Cara Azul (Mistico) and Sin Cara Negro (de Oro.) This feud culminated with a Mask Vs. Mask match on a Mexico City edition of SmackDown in which de Oro lost.

Sitting down with Sportskeeda's Wrestle Binge podcast, de Oro recalled being told of his unmasking and how upset he was at the time.

"I was very devastated because I had never wrestled without a mask in my career... Without a mask, I felt like I was naked. I didn't feel it was me."

Ironically, Cinta de Oro would re-mask years later after the original Sin Cara was released by WWE but the promotion wanted to keep the character going. By 2014, he was part of the Lucha Dragons and would capture the NXT Tag Team Championships with Kalisto that same year. In the interview though, de Oro shared his honest take on being a Lucha Dragon.

"I used to hate when they would tell me to do this (mimics Lucha chants). I felt like I was a cheerleader... But then as the crowd started loving it, then you become part of it."

Eventually, de Oro's time with WWE would come to an end in 2019 after he asked for his release. That same year, he would return to Mexico to compete for AAA.