Popular free agent Nic Nemeth is having a career resurgence after leaving WWE last year. He has been appearing on the independent wrestling scene for TNA and New Japan Pro Wrestling. However, he's taking another step in his wrestling career by joining SiriusXM Busted Open.

Dave LaGreca announced on the recent SiriusXM Busted Open episode that he is excited about Nemeth's addition to the team.

When speaking about joining the podcast, Nemeth said, "...For someone who loves watching wrestling, as you all know, hopefully, my insight of being able to survive for 19 years at 5'11, 195 pounds, having no friends in the office, somehow that can apply to this, but mostly me figuring out which channel wrestling is on would be the best part."

It was noted that Nemeth's schedule for the show's appearances has yet to be figured out. However, he will appear in the March 15 episode with LaGreca.

The move to wrestling media could be great for fans to get the perspective of someone as accomplished in WWE as Nemeth. He also showed good chemistry with LaGreca, Bully Ray, and Tommy Dreamer, which is promising for his future on the podcast.

Nemeth has been making waves in wrestling since making his shocking debut at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 on January 4. A month later, he defeated David Finlay to become the IWGP Global Heavyweight Champion. He's also teased challenging TNA World Champion Moose, which can happen later this year.

The IWGP champion spoke about his newfound excitement about being an independent wrestler. He also shared that he is catching up with more wrestling from different promotions and where he feels he could test himself.

"...I love it. There is an entire world out there that I've never even seen in person or been face-to-face with anyone, and there are a million opponents that I've never even been in a locker room with, so I'm excited for the wrestling part, but also the part where I'm learning and following all the television aspect of it and pay-per-views and premium live event, however you guys say them depending on the company. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it," said Nemeth.

Nemeth's move to becoming an independent wrestling star seems to be going well. He is gaining traction on his own and is enjoying the direction of his career in 2024.