The promoter of Dynasty Wrestling has defended booking Patrick Clark for an event following backlash among fans.

Clark, known for his time as Velveteen Dream in WWE NXT, appeared at a Dynasty event in New York last month. The show marked Clark's first wrestling appearance since his release from WWE in 2021.

The former NXT North American champion was let go following allegations that he had sent explicit messages and photos to minors. WWE said they found no evidence in their investigation, though one of Clark's accusers would later state that they were never contacted for the investigation.

The choice to feature Clark at the event was met with heavy backlash, especially as fans were not informed of his presence at the show ahead of time. One of Dynasty's ex-talent also believed that Clark's involvement sent the wrong message.

Speaking to Bucklebomb Entertainment, Dynasty promoter Chris Envy spoke highly of Clark.

"He is one of the nicest people I've ever met. We spent a couple hours together that day. He was so nice, one of the nicest people... He said hello to everybody, he took pictures, class act all around."

Many fans took issue with Clark appearing on the same show as Rita Chatterton. The former WWE referee has alleged for years that she was raped by Vince McMahon in the 1980s. In the interview, Envy claimed that Chatterton supported Clark at the event.

"They were shoulder to shoulder, there was nothing uncomfortable about the situation. She told me to give him her number and have him reach out to her."

Envy argued that it ultimately comes down to the Dynasty fans, who he believes would be excited to see Vince McMahon despite the allegations against the ex-WWE Chairman.

"All these people that are coming at me, 'you're not family entertainment.' It's easy to say that, but if I had Vince McMahon on my next show, all those clowns would still be buying tickets."

Patrick Clark hasn't competed since the Dynasty Wrestling show. In the interview, Envy said that he he has had talks with Clark regarding future bookings and that other promoters have reached out to ask about obtaining Clark's services.