We are less than a month away from WrestleMania 40 and this year's edition of 'The Show of Shows' is bigger than ever. Will the fans witness John Cena at the show? Well, the 16-time World Champion is still waiting for the green signal.

This year's edition of WrestleMania is set to be the fifth annual of the two-night extravaganza which started with the pandemic. It's worth noting that the show will also be the first WrestleMania after the inception of TKO Group Holdings. The card is stacked with some huge matches and fans are speculating that 'The Leader of Cenation' will make his presence felt in Philly.

Speaking on The Drew Barrymore Show, John Cena revealed that he is waiting for his invite as he hasn't found a 'golden ticket' to the show. He said that he would try to be at the show. Cena said:

"I’m kind of waiting for my invite. Unfortunately, it’s not like a... I don’t have a prom date, so I have no one to go to prom with. I haven’t been asked to go yet. But that’s okay. That’s alright. I have not yet found a golden ticket in my chocolate bar, so I guess I gotta keep eating chocolate bars to find a golden ticket.

It's the 40th installment of WrestleMania and that gives me a tremendous joy and happiness, because the event is bigger than it's ever been. I believe you should leave a place better than when you found it, and I think I've done that. [It] brings my heart so much joy to see the event in the place that it is now."

Previously, Cena stated that he hopes to do 'something' at WrestleMania 40. However, his commitments to filming Peacemaker's second season might hinder his appearance.

Though WWE never fails to pull some strings at the last minute and who knows, we might even end up witnessing John Cena at 'The Grandest Stage of Them All.'

WrestleMania 40 takes place on April 6 & 7 at the iconic Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania