WWE never booked The Undertaker vs Sting, although they very well could have. Sting recently stated that he could have retired on that match, and it seems that Taker might have considered coming out of retirement to face The Icon.

Sting recently retired at AEW Revolution, and that was a big moment that is still fresh in our minds. During a recent edition of his podcast, The Undertaker quipped that since Sting is retired, he doesn't have a reason to wrestle again.

The Undertaker retired from wrestling in 2020 after his final match against AJ Styles at WrestleMania 36. However, he recently shared that he had considered a return to the ring if Sting hadn't also retired recently.

The potential matchup between The Undertaker and Sting is a dream for many wrestling fans, but it has only existed in speculation and imagination.

Although they briefly appeared together in WWE in 2015, they never faced off in a match. This is something that WWE had a window to make happen, but Vince McMahon never booked the match

During a recent Q&A session on his Patreon platform, Undertaker quipped that if Sting hadn't retired, then he could have another match.

“Well, I mean, if Sting hadn’t retired, maybe. He ruined the whole thing. I got new knees and he went and had to go and retire… Oh my gosh, we’re going to get so much heat for that.”

Of course, Sting retired under the AEW banner with a contract to Tony Khan. So, the idea of Taker wrestling Sting was even more off the table. It's still nice to know that Taker still thinks of what might have been.

We previously covered how The Undertaker expressed that he's still struggling with the decision to retire. Recently, he mentioned to his wife that he was considering a comeback, but he ultimately convinced himself otherwise.

He clarified that there won't be another match. He explained that after returning from Australia and feeling tired, he briefly entertained the idea, but he wants to make it clear that fans shouldn't expect it to happen.